Favourite Romantic Movies || 2016

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Hey guys! Hope all is well and welcome to my top five favourite romantic movie list!



With valentines coming soon, there is nothing I would rather do with my lover than lay in bed or on the sofa watching a good old romantic movie all snuggled up. Therefore, I thought I would put together a list of my favourite ones for you guys! All movies can be bought on amazon and I will leave the links at the bottom for you. Enjoy!

1. Dirty Dancing

This movie is definitely a classic! It has been one of my favourites for years now. I remember the first time I watched it, I was so in love with Johnny and Baby's romance. There was just something about the way he looked at her and how fragile but fierce she was, almost as if he was scared to touch her, but at the same time she wanted him too! I don't know, I will let you decide what it is about that movie that makes it so great. I do know that it is definitely a movie that is waiting to be watched again really soon with the boyfriend!



2. The Great Gatsby

Daisy and Gatsby, an interesting couple to say the least. I never really understood the story the first time I watched it nor do I like the ending, but nevertheless the movie is pretty amazing. Their love, so secretive and almost young in the sense that they're hiding it. Obviously, that's because she is married but still... I could not help but feel like there is a lot more to their love than just an affair, there is just something forbidden about it. Something that was bursting to bloom but never fulfilled. I have a love, hate relationship towards Daisy due to her behaviour towards Gatsby, but it's still one of my top five for sure! Definitely want to watch this again soon. 



3. The Last Song 

Anybody else drool over Miley Cyrus' and Liam Hemsworth's on set and off set romance from back in 2009? I did! I was absolutely in love with it! I am a sucker for Nicholas Sparks novel based movies such as The Last Song! Therefore, it is a no-brainer that this movie is on my top five, not only for valentines but for all year round! It gives me so many mixed feelings. I watched this only the other day but definitely have to watch it again, this time with the boyfriend! 



4. P.S. I Love You

Where do I start with this movie? I can not imagine what it would feel like to lose a loved one, but I definitely know I would love to receive letters from that person. I would feel so connected to them. I know that can be bad for a person's health, but just look at how those letters lifted her up and helped her get through a year of her life, with all the positive changes! I just love it, it is such an inspirational movie and I feel like a person can really learn a lot from it.


5. One Day

Everyone has that high school crush that they become best friends with and never really know how to tell them they love them. Yes? No? Maybe? Regardless, this love is shown beautifully by Emma and Dexter. It's one of those movies that leave you on your toes and biting your nails, wishing hopelessly that they admit what they feel already! The ending however always squeezes my heart and that's it, there is no containing those feelings anymore. I'm not going to say much because I can be a movie spoiler at times, so i'm just going to leave it to you. 



One thing I love about these movies is that they are all book adaptions. I am a little book worm and love comparing what was put in the movie and what was left out. This is probably why I love them so much. Anyways, here are the links for the movies! Hope you guys enjoyed the post and enjoy the movies.

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate