Everyday Makeup Routine || 2015

Saturday 28 November 2015

Hey guys! Hope all is well and welcome to my everyday makeup routine!




Whenever I am out and about with friends or family, they always ask how did you get your eyeliner like that or what highlighter are you using, so I thought I'd do a step by step everyday makeup routine so you guys can know what products I use and also my views on them. I have tried to do this as a video so I could post it for you guys to watch but unfortunately, I am not an expert at using my camera let alone iMovie to edit, yet... never say never, maybe one day I'll be able too and I'll film an everyday makeup routine for you guys; but for now, I'll stick to writing this out. All these items have been featured in my September-October Beauty haul, so to find out where you can get them from just go over and check out the post. So let's get to it!


Step One: Apply moisturizer.

I use my No7 Beautiful Skin day cream for normal/dry skin. I literally love this cream as it leaves my skin feeling so soft after putting it on. I am so confident with it that I could leave my house with only this on my face! It also includes SPF15 + 5*UVA. They have the same cream for other skin types as well so I’d definitely recommend it. 

Step Two: Time to smoke out those eyes.

After I’ve let the cream set I start on my eye shadow. On a daily basis, I will probably just put a warm brown in my outer crease and blend until it is really subtle colour leave it at that. I apply these with my Real Technique deluxe crease brush and the other smaller one.

Step Three: Time for eyeliner and mascara

After blending that out to my hearts content, I move on to applying eyeliner and mascara. Now I know I am not the only female in the world who struggles to get that perfect winged liner so most of the time I find myself taking a bit of tape and putting it in the outer corners of my eyes so I can get that winged eyeliner look perfect! Or sometimes I just do it and it turns out to look alright lol. I do tend to swap my eyeliners around as my favorite eyeliner of all times has been discontinued so I’m still on the hunt for a good one. I have stumbled across a couple and there are two which I really like. The Maybelline Gel liner, which I have actually used before, it's an easy applicator but I feel like it is easy to smudge. But then I’ve also got the Maybelline Master Ink eyeliner in matte and I am telling you! It is AMAZING. Another easy applicator, yet I feel like this one you can’t keep going over it to perfect it because it can get really messy really quick. Or maybe that’s only due to the lack of my eyeliner application techniques. I’ll let you guys be the judge of that. Then I just throw on a couple of coats of my Maybelline the falsies volume express mascara in flared.

Step Four: Blend in the foundation and concealer!                

So after that’s all done and I’m happy with it then I’ll just move on to my foundation which is the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in ST MORTIZ Medium 1. Now I am aware that it says moisturizer and I did apply a separate one at the beginning but because my skin has the tendency to dry up really quick because of the cold weather, so the double moisturizing does not make my face look overloaded in oils, it's just the perfect amount. To apply this, I use my real techniques and U-spicy Brush number 31.

Step Five: Fill in eyebrows

I then go to fill my eyebrows in which is honestly the easiest part of the whole makeup look! And the applicator only makes it easier; I love it! I use the Soap and Glory Archery brow tint & precision shaping pencil. It’s literally the simplest thing in the world and so effective. After filling them out I will just brush through my brows with the Maybelline brow drama sculpting brow mascara in dark blonde just to hold them in place for the day.

Step Six: Contour the face

Then it's time to contour! YAY. This has to be my favorite part, along with highlighting, but contouring is really my favorite. Don’t ask why… I don’t know. I just love it, that’s all there is to it. I use my Becca contour and highlighting palette which is perfection. I can’t describe its beauty, you’d just have to see to understand what I’m saying. I apply this with my angled U-spicy brush number 27 which is super soft and blends out thoroughly.

Step Seven: Apply blusher, highlighter and lipstick

This is the easiest step of it all. So first I apply my blusher and blend it in until it looks like a flush appearing from under my skin. For my everyday wear I use the No7 powder blusher in Peach Velvet which is a very subtle pinkish colour, I play with it until I'm happy it has enough colour and I move on to my all time favourite part which is highlighting which is also in my Becca palette, which I'll link to the name! It's such a beautiful glow, not shimmery, just glows. I apply the blusher with my U-spicy brush number 28 but if I'd like just small amounts on the apple of my cheeks then I'd use my Real Techniques contour brush... Obviously, I'm not using it for what its made for, but it works either way! For my highlighter, I use my U-spicy fan brush number 3 or I'll my number 26 brush which is smaller with a flat side instead of puffiness happening. Either way, they are both great ways of applying my highlighter. I then will put on a lipstick, but sometimes I do prefer to go with no lipstick whatsoever, but if I were to put on lipstick I would use my current favourite by MAC called Half 'N Half which is a beautiful creamy substance.

Lots of Love, A .x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate