Get To Know Me Q&A || 2015

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Hey everyone! Hope all is doing well? And Welcome to my end of year Q & A!


Earlier this week I posted on my Facebook, for those of you that have it, to ask me things you'd like to know about me and many of you have asked questions on my Facebook or private messaged me. First off I'd love to thank you all for the support you've given me on this journey and I hope by the end of this Q&A you get to know me a tiny bit more. I'll stick to 10 questions for this post as I feel like if I answer anymore then you all would be sitting here for the rest of your lives and I wouldn't want that. I will be writing another one in the future so do make sure to keep an eye out for that! I love you guys now let's get started!


1. Who is your favourite author and why?

I didn't have to think very long when I read this question because it's such an easy one. By far, my all time favourite author is one of many New York Times best-selling authors, with a couple #1 best-selling books, guys I present you to Nicholas Sparks. If you haven't read any of his books then omg where have you been?! Whenever I know he's released a book I am at the book store before it has actually opened. Okay, maybe not literally but for you Nicholas Sparks lovers out there like myself, you know what I'm talking about. The books are always so captivating. Many may say they always have the same plot, but even so the book always has its own uniqueness to it and that's what I love about them. You really can't complain. So if you haven't read any of his books then guys take this as a wake-up call, go and get one! I'll link his website to his name up above for those of you that want to go check it out and see what book you can pick up in the morning!

2. What is your favourite shade of lipstick?

I am a very seasonal girl when it comes to lipstick shades, so, for example, autumn and winter, I'll go for a darker lip, so like a grape colour or just a darkish red, whereas in the spring I tend to have a coralish/pinkish colour on. In the summer, I prefer to stay with bare lips as it gets too hot when I go away for the summer and I find I'm always worrying about my lipstick and makeup still looking intact in such stuffy weather, which actually takes over my life. But if I were to choose a shade to wear all year round it would definitely have to be a nude shade and I'd have to say my favourite is Modesty by No7 BUT unfortunately, it has been discontinued so I've saved a little, so it's just sitting with all my other lipsticks waiting to be finished. I'd have to say my current favourite nude at the moment is my Half 'N Half by MAC. 

3. What is your favourite perfume?

I literally giggled when I read this question because I didn't actually have a favourite perfume up until the last Christmas and I managed to finish it within a couple of months but I got a replacement of the same brand but a different scent for my birthday. But I'd have to say that my favourite perfume is Infusion D'Iris by Prada. It's got such a sweet scent, I feel like it works for all year round aswell. It is a stronger scent than the one that I am using now. The one I use now is called Infusion De Tubereuse also by Prada, which I feel works better for the spring because of how light the smell is. So without a doubt, I definitely need to restock on the Infusion D'Iris. I do recommend you try it out as I do personally think its lovely. But please don't do that without smelling it first. Some will love it and others will probably not. Depends on your preferences.

4. What is your favourite go-to style?

Well at the moment for educational purposes I am restricted to leggings and a jumper as we have fairly flexible classes, always up and running so that is what is most convenient to wear but for my go to look I'd definitely have to say a pair of jeans, ripped or completely stitched up; it doesn't matter, rolled up at the bottom with some heeled boots or trainers depending what I am doing for the day, along with a jumper or a denim shirt. Depending on the weather and my mood I'll normally throw on my leather jacket or my bomber jacket. Or if its really cold then I'll opt for a scarf and a long coat. However, I am looking to show to you guys my go-to looks for some outfit inspo soon so keep an eye out for that! 

5. What is your favourite clothing brand / clothing shop?

Now this one is a tricky one. I don't have any specific favourite. My wardrobe is a mixture of Topshop, River Island, Primark, New Look, H&M and Matalan. I guess I could say that those are my main shops I would buy my clothes from, but if I had to choose from all of those then I'd have to say New Look because I can find everything I love there for a decent price. However when it comes to favourite clothing brand I'd say ZARA! I love their collections that come out but I don't feel like I could pull it off. It also wouldn't be one of my first instincts to walk into a ZARA when walking into Westfield. I'd probably be able to walk in and back out of Westfield or anywhere that may have a ZARA without walking in there. That is unless my boyfriend drags me in there! 

6. Where is your favourite place to be?

Funny enough, I don't feel like I have a favourite place to be. I think it really just depends on my mood. Like I could love being in a shopping centre just walking about if I was in an alright mood. Or I could enjoy a walk to a coffee shop just to get a hot chocolate. However if asked this question a year or so ago, I used to love going into a small coffee shop in Shepherds Bush called Esquires Coffee because they sold the best hot chocolate I have ever tried and it wasn't just a one-time great hot chocolate, it was all the time great hot chocolate; so that became my favourite place to go too when I needed to be alone and just wanted to read for a little. But then I wasn't studying in the area anymore and moved further away so I am still on the hunt for my favourite coffee shop with the great hot chocolate to spend my evenings in!

7. Would you rather live in a house with a garden or an apartment with a balcony and why?

I would rather live in an apartment with a balcony for many reasons. One of the reasons being gardens are too much of a headache, I just can't. Gardening isn't for me. It's not because of my nails or because it's a messy job; I just can't. I am petrified of spiders and any kind of insects and those things live in gardens so for that reason no, I'd prefer a balcony; plus I can still decorate a balcony and make it pretty with some flower pots and maybe some fairy lights too... Who knows! Another reason is because I feel like you're all more together in an apartment. I have gone from living in an apartment with my family to living in a 3 story house, and along the year I've noticed that I only go up to my sisters room when I really have too. She loves to stay in her room and I love to stay in mine getting things done so we don't really get to see each other much which I do find really sad; so I'd definitely say that living in an apartment brings the family closer together. I don't think I'd always live in an apartment though. I would like for my children to grow up in a house with a garden and a puppy, but I would do my best for them not to let the space in the house become a space in their lives between each other. 

8. What is your favourite book and why?

Surprisingly enough my favourite book is not by my favourite author, nor is it a romantic novel. It is called Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale. I'm not going to say much about it because I don't want to spoil it for whoever hasn't read it. But once again its a really good book that people should read. If you haven't, then do! Amazon is selling it for cheaper than you'd pay in a book store, so I'll leave a link connected to the title of the book above if anyone would like to read it. I wish I could explain it without giving much away. All I think I can say is that it is about a girl that finds out that she isn't the daughter of the women she just buried whom she thought was her mum all her life, she then sets herself on a journey to find who her parents are and when she does she also uncovers how she was separated from her biological parents! I hope that was an exciting enough explanation to make you want to read it, if not then thats only because I can never explain myself properly but don't let that stop you from reading it. Take my word for it. You'll pick it up and not want to put it down. You'll ache to read more and more each time you need to close the book to go to sleep, or to go to school, or to do other things other than read, it captures your mind, your emotions and your heart. Its definitely a book you can read at any age and I look forwards to reading it again when I'm older as I know I'll probably read it and see it with a different perspective. GO AND READ IT!

9.  What is your favourite season and why?

EASY! Winter! Why?! Oh, maybe only because Christmas is around the corner and Christmas lights and Christmas trees. EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS! Winter is by far my favourite season of the year not only because of Christmas but also because weirdly enough I don't mind the cold, in fact, I quite enjoy it. It's an excuse to cuddle with your loved ones, you can layer up on clothes if you're cold, whereas in the summer you can't really just strip naked when feeling hot. I will never be able to fully explain why I love winter so much, I just know I do. Along with winter I also really enjoy autumn because it means my birthday is near and also all the orange leaves on the floor and scarfs, gloves and hats have an excuse to come out of the storage boxes. 

10. Do you prefer to read a book or watch a movie?

Secretly I love both as much as the other but you might find me reading more than watching a movie. What I do love to do is read a book that has a movie coming out based on it, so I can do both and compare what was missing from what scene. Sad I know, but I enjoy it and I actually get really annoyed when good scenes from the book are cut from a movie; so what I tend to do is buy the book before the movie comes out, watch the movie then read the book, because if I do that vice versa I could possibly sit through a movie and sulk because I think a certain scene from the book would have made a scene in the movie brilliant, award winning even. I'd give examples but maybe I'll write up on it sometime soon, then you guys will understand what I'm talking about!

Lots of Love, A .x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate