Meet My Best Friend || 2015

Saturday 21 November 2015

Hey guys! Hope all is well. Welcome, and meet my best friend.

For my birthday in 2011 my parents surprised me with a present I had been longing for, for practically my whole life. They got me, Jacob! My little Maltese mixed with a poodle cross, he was only 2 months old and I fell in love with him the moment he trotted my way. 


Me and Jacob have had our ups and downs. He can irritate me in the mornings when I want to sleep and he's barking at the postman on the other side of the front door. I swear he hates that man so much and I can never understand why! But our ups overcome all of that. He's always come to comfort me when I'm upset; stays to sleep with me when he knows I need a cuddle. Doesn't complain when I pick him up all the time. By this point, you're probably thinking 'what a spoilt dog'. Well yes, he is spoiled because I think he deserves it. Many may argue it's not good but I just can't let him out of my sight and soon you'll understand why. 

Not so long ago, Jacob had an accident and was hit by a car right outside the house and it was by far the worst moment of my whole entire life. He limped back home and I picked him up crying and he sort of hugged me back as I held him, as a dog would do of course, and in that moment so much went through my mind. I didn't know if he would be okay. I didn't know if that would be the last time I held him properly. At that moment, all I could see physically wrong with him was a wound on his stomach and he was limping. So myself and my boyfriend automatically drove him over to the pet centre down the road from my house. He spent the whole day there and sure enough, I spent my day going back and forth from home to the centre to make sure he was okay. It got to a point where I think the staff were getting tired of seeing me there and having to answer all my questions. But my strong young one pulled through and he's back to his old ways now. The accident hasn't prevented him from doing what he used too, so I am really happy about that and I thank the people that helped me on that day and helped him get better. It makes you realise how special a pet becomes the moment it walks into your life. But this is not what I wanted to share with you guys. I was flicking through  my pictures the other day and found a couple of my favourite snaps of him so I thought I could share them with you and introduce you to my little fluff ball.









Lots of Love, A & J .x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate