Must Have, Winter Essentials || 2015

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Hey guys! Hope all is well and welcome to my winter must have essential list. 




Like every year there are just certain things you feel you need to go out and buy and I feel like I've got quite a few of those! Some are just things you need regardless, to prepare yourself for the cold and others are just items bought by preference. So let's get to it!


Scarves, gloves and hat:
Now obviously the most essential of them all would be your scarf, gloves and hat/beanie, whichever you prefer, I'd preferably go for the beanie because I find them cutier. I suck at keeping track of gloves so I always make sure to buy more than one pair. I find myself having a pair of fancy ones and then two plain black ones as back up if I ever do loose my fancy ones or forget them at home or something, also find it really handy to always walk with a spare in your handbags, you never know when it might get just a little too cold for your fingertips. I am one to always have a scarf of regardless, obviously not throughout the summer but the moment autumn hits and it starts to get a little chilly outside, my scarf is the first I reach for. So I'd definitely say these three as a staple in your winter wardrobe. Make sure to wrap up because it seems to be a very cold winter this year. 

Dark lips and dark nails:

This may not be for everyone, but I for one love to go for a darker lip colour and darker nail varnish in the wind. I don't know why, I just find it beautiful. Everybody imagines winter and christmas to be white because of snow, well at least I do, and I feel like a dark colour would look lovely against snow, I also feel like the white snow represents cold and that the dark colour sort of represents some sort of warmth against it. However I do feel a warm toned nail polish would also work very well, like a deep pastel pinkish colour or a nude, but I don't feel like I can say the same about having nude lips in the winter. Maybe it works for some, but for others not. Who knows. I'd love to see what you do for your winter looks, so make sure to take a snap tag me in it on twitter so I can see. 

Jumpers:

I am jumper obsessed, its so hard to find me wearing anything else and believe me my wardrobe is ram packed with lots of them! I have a few favourites in there but not because of how they look. Don't get me wrong, what they look like does matter, what print and design and all but I'll mostly buy a jumper for its comfiness and warmth. I wouldn't give a lot of money for a jumper that wouldn't keep me warm and make me feel cosy! So yes, this is definitely something my money goes towards in the winter time.

Moisturiser:

My skin tends to go very dry around my chin, nose and forehead in the winter and I deeply detest it! It is something that really bothers and I can't feel comfortable in my own skin if I'm out and have a nagging feeling that the skin on my nose is peeling and I get the sense that the person I am with is either looking at it or noticing it, so its something I am really self-conscious about. To fix this problem I go out and try a hydrating moisturiser. Every year I tend to try a new one and this year I've been using the Nivea Rich Moisturising Day Cream with Natural Almond and Hydra IQ and it is really working for me, it is also such a compatible product so I always walk around with one in my handbag too. 

Boots and coats:

I was once upon a time very obsessed with boots but I seem to have converted to trainers this year, however this hasn't stopped me from going out and buying a pair, because honestly who you kidding, what can possibly be warmer than boots at this time of year? So this year I purchased two that had a heel and one thats just flat for a day by day use. Plus when you have to commute to uni by bus 3 times a week in the early hours of the morning, the last thing you want is for your feet to be comfy and warm. I don't know about you but I don't mind looking like someone thats lived in an igloo for a week when leaving my house on chilly mornings to go to uni, so I have my day by day puffy black coat which has a very comfy hood to go along with it and my day by day boots (even though at times I do opt for a pair of trainers).

Candles:

Lastly, I am a candle junkie. I don't need as many as I have but I do because I have no one to tell me to stop buying them. I'm not fussed if a candle is scented or not, I do care if they're cute and decorative. Just recently I bought 3 different scented candles from NEXT and they smell so delicious! I walk into my room and I am smacked in the face with all the scents combined and its truly heaven! I also bought a big one for really cheap TKMaxx and another from B&M but I won't go into too much detail about that yet because I do want to write a post about my very much loved candles! Anyhow, they're a winter essential for me because I feel they add the cosiness to everything! I could have candles scattered everywhere in the house and I am sure they would make that place feel a tiny bit more cosy, whether its in the living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom! There has to be one there! 

So thats all on my winter essentials list for this year! Hope you enjoyed finding out what I love most in the winter! Do share your obsessions of the winter and what you feel you can't go without on social medias, which are linked in the side bar!

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate