Must Watch, Christmas Movie List || 2015

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Hey guys! Hope all is well and welcome to my list of must watch Christmas movies!

I don't know about you but I am such a Christmas person when it comes to the month of December, everything around me has to be Christmassy and if they aren't then I'll be talking about something Christmassy. I have to say that one of my favourite things to do within this month is laying in bed after a long day at uni or work and put on a Christmas movie. I don't have a specific age targeted favourite when it comes to movies; I'll watch everything from a bit of classical Disney all the way to a movie made in the 1950's... So I'm going to share with you, my top 5 favourites, let's get started!

Home Alone Box Set:

I love these movies! No, I'm not counting this as my first top 4, they all rank the same. It's just such an amazing movie that I've been watching ever so little and I never seem to get tired of it. I  recently bought the DVD box set as I only used to own video tapes of them, so I am really looking forwards to watching them again this month to get into the Christmas spirit! A lot of people have their own opinions on this movie. I for one, love all of them just as much as the other, however, some will say they don't like the last two. I've actually heard a lot of people saying they strongly dislike the 4th addition, but like I've already said, I like all of them. They're all fun and they're amazing movies to watch with your family, friends, boyfriend, girlfriend; whomever! So if you don't have the box set, I recommend you purchase it! I got mine for a very good price on amazon. I'll leave links down below directly onto the page.

It's a Wonderful Life:

This movie has me in tears each and every time I watch it. I just feel like it such a beautiful story. I can't start to explain how brilliant it is, it's just one of them movies you need to sit and watch to appreciate. No ones explication of it will ever live up to what you truly watch. It's a movie I also find it easy to watch with your family but possibly not with young children. It's an of an adult movie due to what is going on and the whole complexity of it. I have made it a tradition to watch this movie every Christmas Eve and honestly, I still haven't got bored of it and each time I watch it, I learn something new. It's definitely something I'd highly recommend for you Christmas lovers out there. 

Miracle on 34th Street:

I am aware that there are two versions of this movie but the one I'm referring too here is the 1994 version with Mara Wilson, also known as Matilda for you that don't know her any other way; secretly I had to search her up because I only knew her as the girl who played Matilda! Once again, such a family friendly movie. What I really love about this movie is the storyline, and I feel it represents hope for Christmas. Am I the only one? I won't say much more though! Just go and watch! All of you! It doesn't matter how old you are! 

Jack Frost:

Now I don't know about you guys but I find the beginning of this movie so upsetting but the storyline turns out to be so beautiful and it's just one of them movies that makes you feel happy but sad at the same time and I truly find it amazing when a movie can do that to a person! It's a story of a boy and a snowman who has come to life with his father's spirit, as his father was killed in a car accident because of heavy snowy weather. If that hasn't sold you then I don't know what will, but just take my word for it! You won't regret it!

The Grinch:

Lastly, you can't forget about this old classic! Such an amazing film. The persistence, determination and hope for a happy Christmas despite having a cold hearted grinch trying to ruin it astounds me. I really wish I could pass on the energy that those people have to the people in this world that have grown to dislike Christmas for whatever excuse they have... I really love this movie, again its a movie I've watched over and over again, along the years so it's definitely on my list for this years must watch again!

Jack Frost * The Grinch

Lots of Love, A .x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate