Summer Essentials || 2016

Saturday 16 April 2016

Hello my beauties, Hope all is well with you guys! 




The Summer holidays are coming and every year around this time I find myself heading out to the shopping center to buy my essentials for the summer. No matter if I am staying in the UK or going abroad, I do this every year... It has kind of become tradition. Some things I fish out of my summer storage that I put away for the winter, other things I need to go out and get. So I am just going to share with you guys what I feel is essential to buy for the hot weather coming ahead.


A major essential for me in the warmer seasons of the year is a good SPF. Sometimes I opt for just the SPF cream if I want a makeup free kind of day, however, if I am going out at night or even throughout the day then I'll choose to use a foundation that has an SPF incorporated into it already.

My go too SPF foundation would be my Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB Cream with SPF 15 (www.esteelauder.com, £30). I find it to be such a good product that I've always got a spare one sitting in my makeup storage and when that one runs out too, then I'm back at the store purchasing another one!

 For the normal sun protecting creams, I use the Garnier Ambre Solaire with SPF 50+ (www.boots.com, £8) I don't usually burn but knowing my skin is protected from the damages the sun can cause is always on my mind.


Another thing I really love doing around this time of year is going sunglass shopping! I absolutely love it! I tend to buy new sunglasses every year as a little summer gift to myself. My go-to brand when it comes to sunglasses is Raybans, I just love all the sunglasses they have. Maybe if I gave the light of day to notice sunglasses from other brands then my opinion would be different; but I haven't so, Raybans all the way!  Last year I had purchased the Clubmaster Classics (www.ray-ban.com, £125) and I wore these everywhere! I was so in love with them.

This year, I may have to say I bought these fairly early into the year but I bought the Round Flash Lenses (www.ray-ban.com, £143) and once again, I am just so in love.  I find sunglasses to be really important in the summer as it protects your eyes from the harsh sun rays, plus you don't want to have your face constantly scrunched up just so you can see.




Thirdly, a good lip balm is crucial to have in my handbag all the time to keep your lips hydrated. It is something that I carry all year round but that's because I believe your lips should be up there on the priority list of keeping healthy and in good shape. My go to lip balm would be Carmex but for the past summer's I have been using the EOS Lip Balm (www.urbanoutfitters.com, £6.50) as I find it to be super moisturizing for my lips.



I believe hand cream is also something that is a must have in the handbag for the summer. I read somewhere that your hands are more prone to be damaged by the sun as it is the part of your body that is never covered up in the summer and catches the most sunlight. Because of this, I would always opt for a hand cream that has an SPF in it as well to protect my hands and having them look nourished and young but it can be really hard sometimes to find one; well at least in my case.

Therefore, in this case, I will either rub some normal SPF cream on my hands and then later throughout the day I would just apply my Nivea Express Hydration Hand Cream (www.boots.com, £3.49) However, if I would like to use a hand cream with a scent in it, then I would opt for my favourite L'Occitane Cherry Blossom (www.loccitane.com, £8) and I would just follow with the same procedure as the other cream.


Lastly, keeping hydrated is probably the first thing you should have on your list as it is so important to make sure your body is never dehydrated as not only could it damage your skin but it could also lead to health problems in the future. So make sure to always stay hydrated! I know it can be a pain at times always buying a new bottle of water, so that is why I use my Aquatiser Bottle (www.aquatiser.com, £19.99) and always have it on me. Sometimes if I want to add a bit of flavour to my water then I'll pop some fruits into the bottle with the water or add some lemons.

I hope you all have a lovely summer.

Lots of Love, A .x



No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate