What it was like re-meeting my boyfriend || 2016

Saturday 24 September 2016

Hello my Rosette's! How are you today?



I thought today I'd introduce you guys to my boyfriend. We've known eachother for a very long time, however, when asked how we met... We have no idea! It is sort of impossible pin pointing when we met as our families have known eachother for YEARS! But in fact, that doesn't matter because we can both remember clearly the day we re-met. That day (or that week)I can defnitely share with you. Hope you guys enjoy!

It was the 6th of August, 2014. I had spent the summer in England and Daniel (my boyfriend) had gone on holidays to Portugal for two weeks if I am not mistaken. He had 'Selective Replies' written on his Whatsapp statues and I was curious to know if he would respond to my message... So I went ahead and messaged him saying 'Hello Stranger'. To my surprise he responded promptly lol. Believe me I was very surprised. I wasn't expecting a response back, don't ask me why, because I truly don't know. I just wasnt expecting one. Anyways, when I messaged he was still on holiday but coming back to England that week. Throughout those couple of days he was still away we caught up on a lot... I had just moved houses and he was about to move houses.. When I found this out I asked where, funny enough he moved to the same area as me. I remember the rush of happiness I felt when I found out lol, just wishing it was closer to my house! We also caught up on a lot more and I remember that everything felt different compared to how we used to feel when we spoke to eachother or laughed together or what not. There was hope, a spark of something. When he got back, he spent the first two days back moving and settling into his new house, then we arranged to meet up. I can remember how nervous, calm and excited I was at the same time. This is exactly what I wore and I remember every single detail of that day and the weeks that followed, because it led us to where we are today.



That summer I had spent a lot of time by myself, reflecting on my accomplishments and the improvements needed on the things I was slacking on. That helped me a lot in finding some peace of mind truly being able to be myself without having others opinions influencing me and what not. So when I re-met Daniel, I was the best version of myself. I guess, thats what made everything different this time round. We spoke for about a month, until he asked me out and quite frankly I was speechless. Here infront of is the guy that I had a childhood crush on, asking me to be his girlfriend. Was I dreaming? All I know is, it knocked all the air out of me and the only thing that snapped me out of it was the ice cream truck I made a run for when I heard outside his door, just so I didn't have to answer just then. It wasn't that I didn't want to say no, like I said I was speechless. I had no idea if he was joking or being serious and I probably felt this way because he was untouchable when I was younger. All the girls used to fanatsies about him, me being one of them. He was the older cool kid if that makes any sense lol. We are only almost 3 years apart in age but that was still older when you're 13... right? I accepted a couple of hours later, you know, to keep him on his toes for a bit lol. Just kidding. 


Anyways, 2 years down the line, we're going strong! He's fun and he's always there for me whenever I need a shoulder to cry on or a best friend to laugh with. I couldn't be happier.

Lots of Love, A.x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate