One year with my tragus piercing || 2016

Saturday 1 October 2016

Hey my Rosette's, how are you doing?

A year ago, I decided to get my tragus pierced. I am not going to lie to you, I was SO scared. As a normal person would do, I confided in my bestfriend... Google and I have to say it was really hard to find infortmation about it that would actually ease my fear or answer the questions I had. Therefore, I kind of feel like I went on a whim when I done it because I didn't know how long it was going to take to heal, what I was going to have to do to get it to heal properly, and all the ways I could avoid getting the piercing infected, although I debated long and hard about getting it.

So, I have waited a year to be able to tell you guys what my experience has been like. Okay, so like I mentioned, it has been a year now and I can honestly say that I do not regret getting this piercing! It is my favourite. At times I forget it's even there but when I catch sight of it in the mirror or a picture, I think it looks so beautiful. At the beginning it wasn't easy. When I got the piercing, I was chickening out, I had already paid and was willing to leave the money there and walk out the store but the people I went with convinced me to stay and get it done, therefore I couldn't escape. After I got it done, it stang SO MUCH! Still, didn't regret it.

The cleaning process was really long but I believe that I went a little over the top with the cleaning process as I would boil water and waste almost 1/4 of my mums salt three times a day! I was advised to do it only twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon but that just wasn't enough for me! I guess that's good though because I didn't end up with any infections. Yet there was one little hiccup! One day, my boyfriend hugged me and his forearm pressed on my ear and I literally fell to the floor crying. Neither of us knew what was going on, all we knew was I was in pain. Therefore, we went into the bathroom to check it out in the mirror and we found a really small blister looking thing at the edge of the piercing. It made me thinking how could something so small cause so much pain. When I got home, my mum helped me disinfect it and then the next day I was off to the piercing shop again to get the piercing changed. 

Here are some tips:

  • Clean it every morning and every night.
  • Change your earring regularly.
  • Make sure to rinse out excess hair shampoo and conditioner from the piercing.
  • Use fresh baby wipes to clean around the piercing regularly throughout the day.


After all that, nothing ever happened again and I am so happy with it. Maybe, I'll get another one, who knows! Which piercings do you have and what made you want to get it?

Lots of Love, A .x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate