Passing My Theory and Practical Test || 2016

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Hello my lovely Rosette's!


I don't know if you remember but at the beginning of the year I put a post together of everything I would like to achieve this year and I am so thrilled to say that the majority of that list has been fulfilled! I have never been one to stick to New Years resolutions and plans of the future as sometimes you just have to go with the flow, however this time things were different. I PASSED! It had been on the back of my mind for so long, and I wanted to start driving as soon as I turned 18 but I treated it as a joke and never took passing seriously. Two years down the line I thought it was time to woman up and just get it done.

In May I attempted my theory test for the 2nd time and I was so scared, the last time I walked into a theory test centre had been two years prior, so you could imagine the stress levels rising gradually. Anyways, I walked out of that test centre thinking 'OMG THAT WAS STRESSFUL' and unfortunately I had not passed. I had passed my Hazard Perception part of the test but not the multiple questions and the worst about it is, I was two marks off from the amount I needed to pass. Yeah, I was annoyed, I cried and I thought to myself it was never going to happen, which is normal because a person does feel down when they finally put effort into something and then do not manage to succeed anyway. When I got home and after crying all the tears I possibly had, I grabbed my laptop and booked another Theory test for the 3rd of June and i did it! I passed with 47/50 in my multiple and 65/72 in my Hazard Perception.


A couple of weeks later I booked my Practical test for the 30th of August, just a week after I got back from holidays. I hadn't driven a car in 2 years, lets bare this in mind and I went from learning in an Audi Q3, yes that was with Bill Plant, to passing in a Nissan Micra, cute little thing that was. I was so scared, so nervous and I just didn't want to drive. I somehow felt that in those two years I discovered responsibility and was so worried about those around me and too this day, I can't drive if someone in the car is not comfortable or if I am not watching every single corner of the road. But anyways, I avoided driving between June - August (when I left for holidays), I probably had about one lesson, maybe two. When I got back from holiday I knew there were no more excuses, I needed to pass, so I tried extremely hard to put my fear to the side and just did it. I practically did an intensive course in a week and then went for my exam. Once again, I passed with 4 minors. I even double questioned the examiner, in case he got his notes wrong or something; I couldn't believe it. I was shocked and so happy at the same time, I spent the whole journey home crying with so much joy!

So this just goes to show where there's a will, there's a way (quoting Dappy there) and if you set your mind to it, you can most definitely get it done! Whoever is thinking of getting it done, go for it, have fun with it and relax, enjoy the car and the drive. For those of you scared, don't be, trust yourself and everything will go smoothly.


So this turned out to be a longer post than I expected so I shall write part two for next time!

I hope you enjoyed and that you will go and get your license. It's waiting for you! GO!

Lots of Love, A .x 


No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate