Vacation Diary Edition One: Algarve Day One || 2016

Sunday 7 August 2016

Hello my Rosette's, hope you are all doing well. 


So, I was sitting on the plane today with nothing to do, so I wrote a summary of how my morning was running so far. Then I thought, I don't have a youtube channel so I can't vlog my holidays but I can always write up daily updates for you guys. So that is exactly what I am going to do. Every morning at 9am BST there will be a new post (along with the other posts that normally go up on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 4pm BST). These posts will be of the previous day and will follow up until the end of my vacation abroad.


Day One: 06.08.16

Its currently 6:35am and I haven’t slept yet. If I have had any shut eye it has only been for about an hour. I am also on the plane at the moment… I don’t know how I feel about that right now. I have managed to keep my nerves under control, but this is nonetheless really scary.

I realised this is the first time I am flying without my parents and the first time flying with my boyfriend… You can only imagine the headache right now. First stress was getting everything packed and making sure I didn’t forget anything important. Second stress happened when we decided to check in at 9pm last night… Not too last minute, but late enough. He’s currently sitting behind me napping, and of course, I’m keeping you guys updated, as always.

Third stress… My suitcase somehow, somehow being the key word there, weighed 29kg… How the hell did that happen?! So, I had to take out some items such as makeup bag and trainers and stuff like that and put it into a little cabin bag, that my boyfriend’s brother kindly leant me… THANK YOU! I still had to leave some of my things behind (by the way, this all happened at my boyfriends’ house… It would have been a nightmare if we found this out at the airport… can you imagine?!). I had to seriously contemplate whether I was going to wear the things I left behind, therefore I only ended up leaving three jackets/waistcoats, a bag and a pair of trousers. Not much, I guess.

After all that stress, I was way to anxious to go to sleep, so I stayed up, ended up watching two Gossip Girl episodes, then gave in and attempted to sleep. Then at 3:15 the alarm is going off for us to get up and get ready. I must say from then; the time has flown by.

Now, just got to wait until we land and I’ll keep you guys updated. My cousin is supposed to meet me at the airport for breakfast and then my boyfriend and I are going to journey for another 3 hours or so up to Algarve for the week! HOW EXCITING… It will be when I get off this plane lol.

--------------
--------------

So its currently 12:06 am. The end to day one, and I can actually say its been an amazing and eventful day. I am currently sitting at my hotel balcony with the view of the ocean whilst writing this, so I’m going to keep it short for you guys.

Just to recamp on today, my cousin never ended up coming so me and my boyfriend set off straight to Algarve. We ended up with an Audi A1 as a rental car which is pretty amazing. We drove for about 3 hours in total but ended up pulling over and sleeping in the car for about an hour and a half. So we got to our hotel around 3:30 and it was pretty simple. This place is honestly amazing! Anyways, after settling down and putting our things away, my boyfriend went for drinks with his manager, which is a very good friend! And I went to the outdoor pool. Once again… SO amazing. Then I came back up and got ready to go out to dinner with my boyfriend, Joe and his family, which are honestly amazing people. We went to have dinner at a restaurant down the road and the food there is too DIE FOR! I tried clams… No one told me they were so nice, definitely not what I expected. Joe has a little daughter, the most beautiful 5 year old I have ever encountered and we soon became BFFs… I got a strand of my hair wrapped in thread so we could be matching and I also got the same ankle bracelet as her, she’s so adorable and I can’t wait to spend time with her and her family again. Anyways, then we went for the most amazing ice cream ever… Then I ended up typing here. Its definitely been an eventful day and I am so excited about the rest of the week I have here in Algarve.

 Bife Na Pedra (Beef On The Rock)
 Febras de Porco com Cogumelos (Pork Fillets with Mushroom)
 My boyfriend cooked his own food at the table! This was so cool!
Starters: Melao com Presunto (Melon with Smoked Ham)

See you guys tomorrow!

Lots of Love, A .x

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Translate